Administrator ‑ Australian Art Orchestra
The Australian Art Orchestra (AAO) is looking for a part-time Administrator to join its management team.
Want to work with one of the most dynamic music orgs in the country?
The person we are looking for will be experienced in working in the SME arts sector at senior management level. The Administrator will work with the Board of Directors, led by Brian Ritchie, the Artistic Director, Peter Knight and the contracted Manager/Producer, Insite Arts.
The position is on-going for 3 days/week, and is reviewed annually. A salary package commensurate with skills and experience will be offered.
Applications should address the key selection criteria.
Applications close on Friday 17 March, 2017 at 5 pm and should be emailed to:
Part Time: 3 days (24 hours) /week
Remuneration: Commensurate with skills and experience
Located Melbourne CBD
This role is a senior position instrumental in the operations and governance of the organisation.
Contract Manager for Insite Arts – contracted producers and management.
- In conjunction with the board, this position is responsible for ensuring the delivery of the services of the contracted producers and management as per the written agreement between the organisations.
- Oversight of the company’s financial account-keeping and payroll which forms part of the contracted services provided by Insite Arts.
- Liaise with Insite Arts director Victoria Raywood and bookkeeper Bree Nurse to ensure that the accounts are kept in an appropriate and compliant manner in relation to the legal and tax obligations of the organisation.
- Request and analyse financial reporting to be provided by Insite Arts and provide to the board as required in a timely manner
- Oversee the end-of-year financial reporting required of the organisation in terms of financial reports for the Board, statements submitted to ACNC and for the annual Audit.
Management of administration requirements of the Board of Directors and Artistic Director
- Liaising with the board to schedule board meetings
- Ascertain the reporting requirements of the Board (and its subcommittees) ahead of meetings and manage the creation and collation of this information
- Communicate with Insite Arts and manage the provision of necessary information for board reporting
- Manage the record keeping at board meetings including minute taking
- Provide office management functions for the AD and the board as required
Assist in the servicing of key stakeholders such as government funding partners and private donors.
- Be the key contact point between the AAO and the funding partners
- Oversee the submission of applications, reports and acquittals of all major government grants to ensure that the organisation is represented in an appropriate manner
- Ensure that Insite Arts collate and supply all necessary information for applications, reports and acquittals in a timely manner.
- Assist in researching grant and other funding applications and manage a calendar of deadlines for same
- Identify opportunities for corporate sponsorship and private donations/philanthropic contributions in conjunction with the board.
- Develop new and maintain existing relationships with private donors, foundations and trust funds towards generating income for the organisation.
- Set the brief for funding proposals for response/input from Insite Arts and/or subcontractors to write the proposals
- Delivery proposals, and manage any funding relationships that ensue
Co-ordinate and Assist with Development Activities
- Co-ordinate various social media and other audience development activities.
- Administer fundraising initiatives.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Demonstrated experience in management, administration and leadership.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge in the area of small to medium arts sector enterprises. Music background an advantage.
- Computer and online literacy skills including experience with Microsoft Office, accounting software, database systems, social media and online platforms.
- Financial reporting literacy and a working understanding of key financial documents.